Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happy Father's Day!!




1. Focus on the PositiveWhen I golf… I could choose to dwell on the shots that I miss!  Maybe it’s raining or it’s the slow play of the foursome in front of us, maybe it’s reality and I just stink at golf! However, I can also choose to dwell on the accurate shots, the beautiful scenery and the fun that we had both on and off the golf course. Both would have been true reflections of the time spent. Which would you rather focus on?                                                                                                                  And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. – Philippians 4:8

2. Focus on the PresentI will never make any good shots if I stress over past errors or what happens beyond my current swing. Have you ever missed out on the present by dwelling on the past or future?                                                    “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.” Matthew 6:34

“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.”Isaiah 43:18

3. Focus on Your PurposeWhile I am on the course my purpose is to hit the ball toward the next hole. I only hit the ball well when I focus on the task at hand. My focus doesn’t guarantee success, but it makes it much more possible. Are you giving all you have to the task at hand right here, right now?               Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. - Colossians 3:23 

So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing.                           1 Corinthians 9:26

No comments:

Post a Comment